DBASS are an established 3 partner chartered accountancy firm based in Ashbourne, Co Meath. With an impressive database of clients, DBASS has been providing quality chartered accountancy services for over 30 years. Our offices are less than 10 minutes from M50 with a broad range of clients both in terms of audit, non-audit, sole trader etc. and in terms of industry/sector type.
About The Role
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing and overseeing the operation of the income tax section of the tax department – liaising with clients.
- Ensuring that the payment and return filing deadlines are met for income tax clients
- Advising clients about the tax preparation process
- Manages communications from clients and tax authorities.
- Identifying tax problems and developing solutions.
- Help develop tax strategies to assist clients in being tax-compliant.
- Reviews various financial records like income statements, receipts of expenditures and previous tax returns to determine a strategy for preparing current returns.
- Corresponding with clients to get information on deductible expenses, allowances and taxable income.
- Verifies documentation that individuals prepared themselves to check for errors or miscalculations.
- Consults with manager in regards to proper fee to charge each customer for tax preparation services based on the complexity of each form and the amount of time required for the work.
- Continuously monitors developments in tax legislation
- Inform management and staff of developments in tax legislation.
- Supervise trainees of the tax team to ensure that tax returns are completed correctly.
- Build and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Carrying out other adhoc duties as and when required
Qualifications & Experience:
· 3+ years general tax/accounting practice experience
· Excellent knowledge of tax legislation.
· Strong analytical and communication skills.
· Sound problem-solving skills.
· Sage Taxpro
· Excel (Advanced preferable)
· DRIVE (Practice Management and client database)
· Virtual Cabinet (Document Management System)
· Microsoft Suite
The ideal candidate must possess the following attributes to be successful in this busy role:
- Highly organised
- Has experience in dealing with trainees
- Strong communication skills
- Strong initiative
- Confident in their own abilities
- Calm and resilient
Reports To: Partners
Hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm Mon to Thurs & 8.30am to 2.30pm on Fridays (flexible start and finish time)
Salary: Negotiable, DOE
Contract Type: Permanent
Applications: Please email your application to
Jacky Kavanagh – email@example.com